App is in store but you won’t see it (for now)
Surely you’ve wanted to show TikTok videos at home and your phone has gone above and beyond. To set it up on the TV, one of the options is to use the screen mirroring, which lets you project your Android screen on a TV. However, if you have a Fire TV Stick, you don’t need such a feature, because tik tok own original app for these Amazon smart devices, as well as for Samsung TVs with Tizen and other Smart TVs with Google systems.
Apps from TikTok for Fire TV devices It arrives on the Amazon AppStore in 2021. However, the app has only been released for the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, and Germany. If you don’t live in one of these countries, when you search for an app in the store, it won’t appear. Therefore, it was time to cross the line. Don’t worry, because the process is very simple.
How to install TikTok on Amazon Fire TV?
Even if the original TikTok app is not on the Amazon AppStore in your country, always You can install it by doing a little trick. To do this, what we will do is download the app independently and we will install it manually on our device. This way, we will bypass geo-blocking and we will be able to use the app without any problems. However, the first thing you should do before starting this tutorial is to verify that the original TikTok app is not in your store. If yes, install and point. If it doesn’t appear, follow these steps:
Set up Fire TV Stick for third-party apps
The first thing is to enable the installation option from app of unknown origin on our device. The process you have to follow is as follows:
- Open the main menu of your Fire TV Stick. Press with your controller and enter options Arrangement.
- Go to the section called ‘Mi Fire TV‘. In this section is where you can touch the configuration of your streaming device.
- Click on the option ‘Developer Options‘.
- Next, enable the two options that appear inside: ‘ADB debugging ‘ and ‘Application of unknown origin’.
Both of these functions are “hidden” in this menu because they can harm your computer if used incorrectly, but you don’t have to worry if you’re just going to install the TikTok app. Once these steps are complete, you can now manually install Android apps in APK format.
Download and install the app on Amazon devices
Finished the previous step, now you need application to download files in APK format from the Internet. We’ll do it with a native app from the Amazon AppStore, called downloader. However, you can use a web browser and search for TikTok apps in trusted repositories like Mirror APK.
If any of this sounds Chinese to you, don’t worry and follow the next step:
- Go to the app store on your Fire TV Stick and search for ‘Downloader app‘.
- Give to ‘Get‘ and wait for the app to download and install on your device.
- open the app The ‘Downloader’ you just downloaded. It will be in the app box on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Go to the app sidebar and enter the option ‘Browser‘.
- Now you will have a normal web browser. You should use it to find a trusted online repository for downloading apps.
- There are several websites of this type that can be trusted. We will recommend the website Mirror APK, which is one of the oldest and safest repositories out there. To enter, place the URL address of this website in the Downloader browser bar, that is, without the quotes ‘apkmirror.com‘.
- After logging in, search for APK Mirror search tool and search for ‘TikTok TV‘. It is important that you write ‘TV’, as it is necessary to install the version designed for Smart TV devices, and not the normal version for mobile phones.
- Download the latest APK What you find.
- Once downloaded, a pop-up window will appear automatically. We click ‘Install‘.
- Give to ‘Accept‘ and follow the process until the app is installed on your device.
- Ready, You already have TikTok TV on your Amazon Fire TV Stick device. You will see the social network icon in the application box.
Keep the TikTok APP on stick
Every now and then, you have to download new version of TikTok app for Fire TV using Downloader. This way, you will be able to enjoy the features that are released over time. However, this can be a rather tedious process, so we’ll show you an automated way to do it.
Install Apptoide on Fire TV
Another very interesting and also reliable option for downloading third-party apps on your Fire TV Stick is to install TV Apptoide.
If you haven’t started the tutorial steps yet, you can start here. If you already have it installed, don’t worry as these steps will also work for you. The first thing you should do is volver app downloader (following the steps above) and where we have to do step 6, we will place the URL ‘tv.apptoide.com‘. Once that process is complete, proceed to install the Apptoide APK on your Fire TV Stick.
now you will have it alternative app store on your devicewhere you can not only search to install the TikTok app, but you can also keep it updated at any time.
If you have installed the TikTok APK from APK Mirror, this extra step will help you update the app in the future.
“Freelance bacon fanatic. Amateur internet scholar. Award-winning pop culture fan.”