Portaltic.-YouTube will allow free membership for live channel viewers

MADRID, 11 May. (Portaltics/EP) –

Youtube has announced a beta version of a new feature, ‘Membership Gifting’ or membership giftswhich allows you to purchase a subscription to then pass on to viewers of the channel’s live events, as you already did Indonesia with your subscription.

YouTube Gaming announced in October last year a series of news which includes a new function for gift subscriptions to other channel viewers. The feature was introduced to YouTube Japan in February as alpha, the first full version of the initiative before being tested, with a small group of channels.

Reward membership has been adopted now in beta with a small group of creators in the US and UKas described by the company on his American help blog. With this novelty, channel members have the possibility to purchase 5, 10, or 20 memberships which will later be sent to other viewers of the live show.

Viewers who receive one of these subscription rewards (for which they pay nothing) get one month of channel access with perks like custom emojis, loyalty badges, and more. Besides that, The creator gets a share of the revenue as usual with every transaction.

YouTube will distribute free subscriptions to viewers based on how much they interact with the channel. Awarded users will receive notifications via live chat and email. Additionally, existing members will not be eligible to receive any of these rewards.

The platform clarifies that the distribution of revenue generated by reward memberships follows the same pattern as that used by digital app stores, such as app store. Therefore, 70 percent will go to creators and the remaining 30 percent to YouTube in the form of commissions.

YouTube indicated in its statement that they are not ready for the global deployment of this new feature, and for this reason have launched it as a beta with reduced channel groups and options. As an example, it is not yet possible to purchase a gift membership from a mobile device.

The wide spread of this initiative, reminiscent of the ability to provide subscriptions on Indonesiawill take place in the next few months.

YouTube will distribute talented memberships to viewers based on how much they engage with the channel. Awarded users will receive notifications via live chat and email. Besides that, those who are already members will not be eligible to receive any of these prizes.

Roderick Gilbert

"Entrepreneur. Internet fanatic. Certified zombie scholar. Friendly troublemaker. Bacon expert."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.