Belarus has entered Ukraine and is taking part in the conflict, the Estonian prime minister said at a news conference with NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
– We just learned that Lukashenko’s troops have also entered Ukraine. Belarus is also involved in this conflict, said Estonian Prime Minister Kaja Kallas.
This was also claimed by Ukraine Tuesday morning.
– The Belarusian army is in the Chernihiv region, the parliament writes the Verkhovna Rada Indonesia.
Just hours earlier, the Belarusian president had refused to allow the country to enter Ukraine.
“We also see a dangerous neglect of nuclear security by Russian forces,” Kallas said.
During the session, he expressed his support for Ukraine and that Estonia would continue to support the country.
– We can’t stop until we stop Putin.
– Putin is wrong
The British Prime Minister is also in Estonia and begins his call by saying that the world has become a more dangerous place.
He also reiterated his support for Ukraine, but came with a clear message.
– I want to be absolutely clear: we do not want to fight against Russian troops in Ukraine.
Several Western countries, including Britain, have expressed their support for Ukraine and imposed heavy sanctions on Russia as a result of the invasion.
– Putin was wrong about two things. The defense power of Ukraine, and the strength of the Western community.
NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg earlier today met with the Polish president, and is now in Estonia to meet soldiers defending Estonia.
Over the past few weeks in response to Russia, we have increased our defense presence in the air, on the ground and at sea with more than 100 aircraft on high alert. More than 120 ships from the Baltic to the Mediterranean.
“Subtly charming web junkie. Unapologetic bacon lover. Introvert. Typical foodaholic. Twitter specialist. Professional travel fanatic.”