This Friday, European football stops for a closer look at the UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw. The eight surviving teams know their fate for the final to be held in France after suspension of St. Petersburg as a stage.
Defending champions Chelsea will face Real Madrid in one of the most striking matches of the tournament’s final.
What you should know. Just hours ago the curtain fell on the Champions League knockout stages and the teams remaining in contention saw their way to the title this Friday. The match for the championship trophy will be held in the last week of May.
- Chelsea, defending champions and executioner of French Lille, will battle the whites, who left Paris Saint-Germain on the road.
- Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City appear in the same part of the table, who will face Atlético de Madrid.
- On the other hand, the draw shows one of the Champions League surprises, Spain’s Villarreal, who will have a tough challenge against Bayern Munich.
- Meanwhile, Liverpool will face Benfica of Portugal.
And now that?. Qualifying clubs will have to wait a few weeks before returning to the pitch for the quarter-finals. According to the calendar set by UEFA, April 5 and 6 will be marked on the calendar to conduct the first leg match in that instance.
- The return will be played on the 12th and 13th of the same month.
- Chelsea, who are expected to play the full game against Real Madrid, will play behind closed doors due to England’s sanctions against club owner Roman Abramovich of Russia.
- The move prevented the sale of tickets to those wishing to attend Stamford Bridge.
Main news sources: Half time
“Social media guru. Total beer fanatic. Tv ninja. Typical coffee fan. Amateur entrepreneur. Unapologetic food scholar.”