Since Russia invaded Ukraine a few weeks ago, the Russian rich and the Russian state have been sanctioned, or. In Norway, there is a great focus on Russian cruise ships that are in our waters.
Among them was former KGB officer “Ragnar” Vladimir Strzhalkovsky, whom police also confronted while on the dock in Narvik.
NRK has been in contact with the captain of the ship who expressed his desire to leave Narvik. Only not-so-minor problems prevent them from doing so.
– We want to leave Narvik. “We wanted to travel last week, but no supplier was going to sell us fuel, so now we’re blocked here,” said Captain Rob Lancaster. NRK.
Many Russian oligarchs have been sanctioned by the EU since the start of the war in a bid to hit Russia’s economy and politics. But the yacht owner in Narvik is not yet on the sanctions list. However, various players in Narvik refused to supply fuel.
– Local suppliers just said they won’t offer it to us. We explained that we were not on the sanctions list, that we were sailing under the Maltese flag and that we were not a Russian crew. But no one will listen to us, captain proceeds to NRK.
Among other things, both NRK and forward Sven Holmlund, general manager of Holmlund oil services in Narvik.
– I have nothing left for Russian behavior in Ukraine. Why should we help them? They could row home. Or use a screen, says Holmlund.
Residents of the house allegedly taking over the “oligarch building” in London
Since Norway is not a member of the EU, Norway cannot submit proposals on who should be sanctioned by the EU.
– No channel has been created for third countries like Norway to promote their own proposals for listings, nor have the Norwegian authorities ever done this. The government will work to ensure that Norway also has such a channel, Foreign Minister Annikken Huitfeldt wrote in response to SV politician Mona Fager last Sunday.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is perhaps the most notorious oligarch to be heavily sanctioned. And Abramovich tried to sell the London club.
Last week, Britain sanctioned these six oligarchs, in addition to Abramovich:
- Oleg Deripaska, who owns shares in En + Group
- Igor Setsjin, CEO of Rosneft
- Andrey Kostin, Chairman of the Board of VTB Bank
- Alexei Miller, CEO of energy company Gazprom
- Nikolai Tokarev, president of the Russian state-owned pipeline company Transneft
- Dmitri Lebedev, Chairman of the Board of Bank Rossija
The insane wealth of the oligarchs: Huge luxury yachts, palaces and private jets of up to five billion
“Web specialist. Incurable twitteraholic. Explorer. Organizer. Internet nerd. Avid student.”