Harry Dunn’s alleged killer Anne Sacoolas will no longer appear in British court next week, says CPS

Advertisement

An American woman who allegedly killed teenage motorcyclist Harry Dunn in a car crash will not appear in court next week due to “ongoing discussions” with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

Anne Sacoolas, 44, is expected to appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court in central London on January 18 after the CPS launched criminal proceedings in Britain last month.

He is accused of killing 19-year-old Dunn in a road accident near RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire in August 2019.

After the incident, the US government asserted diplomatic immunity on his behalf and Sacoolas left the UK 19 days later. He was later charged with causing death by dangerous driving.

On Friday morning, the CPS said the hearing had now been “canceled” following a “compromise between the parties.” Mr Dunn’s family said they were waiting for “further developments”.

CPS said the reason for postponing the hearing was to allow for ongoing discussions between it and Ms. Sacoolas to continue.

He added: “Mrs Sacoolas deserves a fair trial. It is very important that you do not report, comment or share information online that could in any way harm any process.”

Radd Seiger, a spokesman for the Dunn family, confirmed that the trial had been adjourned.

He said: “We have complete confidence in the Crown Prosecutor’s Service and will look forward to hearing from them with further developments hopefully in the near future.

“Harry’s family are clearly looking forward to Tuesday’s hearing so they are hoping a deal will be reached sooner rather than later.

“It is imperative for his mental health that justice and closure be achieved.”

Matt Thompson

"Problem solver. Proud twitter specialist. Travel aficionado. Introvert. Coffee trailblazer. Professional zombie ninja. Extreme gamer."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.