Hilde Thorkildsen (Ap) has decided to continue as mayor in the municipality of Nittedal.
This report Romerikes Blado.
In June 2020, it became known that mayor Hilde Thorkildsen (Ap) was one of a total of five people charged with serious corruption in connection with a development case in the municipality of Nittedal.
On July 4, 2022, word got out that the suspended mayor was acquitted of corruption charges from the kokrim. Now he is ready to return to work.
– I am very happy with the legal system we have in Norway. Being released unanimously by two courts is good. I’ve told my story and been believed, Thorkildsen told VG.
He aims to return to his job as mayor on September 1, and has made no secret of the fact that the past two years have been tough.
– It is cruel to be in a situation where you are accused of such a serious crime. It’s very difficult.
His partner, a local businessman, has also been released.
According to the indictment, Hilde Thorkildsen, as mayor, was involved in the municipality’s handling of matters in which the entrepreneur has an interest and ownership, including the arrangement and development of a new residential area in Bjørnholtlia in Hakadal. In November 2013, the entrepreneur transferred NOK 125,000 to a company partly owned by the mayor.
– I have very good supporters in the party and the party leadership. My family is amazing. You can’t get through a situation like that without a big wound. My health declined, lost a lot of weight, and was hospitalized for three months, but as I said in court, what kept me going was the fact that I had done nothing wrong.
– What are you most looking forward to when you return to work?
– I haven’t worked, so I don’t know. But yes, back to a more normal life. I have a very good vice mayor who has done a great job during my time away.
“Subtly charming web junkie. Unapologetic bacon lover. Introvert. Typical foodaholic. Twitter specialist. Professional travel fanatic.”